Coronavirus Local Apartment Industry Operations Survey Responses
The GCAA surveyed our owner/management company members on March 17 regarding their operations during the Coronavirus crisis. Here are the responses we received.
1. Are you asking prospects/residents about symptoms and/or recent travel?
70% - No
30% - Yes (or as needed)
2. Are you staggering employee attendance on the property? (Or maybe procedures on property to protect you staff?)
50% - No
37.5% - Yes
3. Have you implemented new procedures for maintenance requests?
72.5% - Yes (gloves, protective gear and emergency only policies)
27.5% - No (has been mentioned, but not implemented)
4. Are you limiting access to any amenities (fitness center, community room/clubhouse, etc.)?
75% - Yes (most common areas closed)
25% - No
5. Are you continuing in person property tours for prospects?
57.5% - Yes
10% - Virtual Tours Only
1% - Appointment Only
22.5% - No
6. Any additional precautions your business is taking?
"Extra cleaning after hours."
"Wearing protective gear for emergency maintenance situations."
"Enforcing social distancing."
"New hand sanitizer stations in common areas."
"Office only being open for virtual/ over-the-phone assistance and being closed for in-person contact."
"Allowing corporate staff to work from home."
"Following CDC guidelines."
7. How are you handling interactions with your vendors/suppliers?
10% - Online, Texting or E-mailing
27.5% - Limited, only for necessary situations
62.5% - Same as usual
8. Any additional Information you'd like to share about how your company/property is handling operations in light of the Coronavirus?
"Encouraging Virtual Tours."
"No packages in front offices, must be sent to front doors."
"Strict 6ft radius when dealing with in-person situations."