We are Hiring a Financial Accounting Manager
Financial Accounting Manager
The Greater Charlotte Apartment Association
Is a trade association for the multifamily rental housing industry. Our members are firms and individuals, who develop, own, manage, and provide goods and services to the apartment industry in the Charlotte, NC region. The GCAA promotes the interests of its members through legislative advocacy, education
The Financial Accounting Manager is a vital member of the GCAA team with responsibility for the GCAA’s accounting processes assuring the preparation of timely and accurate financial reporting of all items that have an impact on the financial performance of the Association. This role is responsible for proactively and strategically solving problems and implementing process improvements for the Association.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Preparation and analysis of financial statements for the GCAA and the GCAA’s Education Foundation (GCAAEF) on a periodic basis
• All accounting work/financial operations for GCAA and GCAAEF
including but not limited to:
• Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable (including processing of credit card payments & collection calls)
• Processing of Check Requests and Petty Cash funding/disbursements online
• Timely bank deposits
• Budget preparation and allocation for GCAA
• Budget allocation for GCAAEF
• Bank and credit card statement reconciliations
• Journal entries
• Month-end closing procedures
• Sales tax reporting to NC Dept. of Revenue
• Coordinate preparation of Federal tax return
• Coordinate periodic annual audits/accounting reviews
• Investment monitoring
• Maintenance of established banking relationships
• Communicating membership status and collection issues to respective staff members
• Attendance and minute taking at GCAA Board of Director Meetings
• Completing assigned projects and research as assigned by the Executive Director
• Assisting overall staff with other projects/activities/coordination/mailings as needed
• Staff liaison to the Budget and Finance Committee.
• Day-to-day oversight of the general ledger ensuring accurate and timely dissemination of financial information including, but not limited to, internal monthly financial statements, annual audits
• Complete monthly consolidation of general ledgers and compile internal financial statements
• Reconcile general ledger accounts, including cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable and all inter-company accounts in a timely manner each month
• Perform account analysis and provide information regarding month-to-month variances
• Work closely with the disbursement department ensuring accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports
• Monitor payroll processing and payroll tax compliance. Prepare bi-weekly productivity reports for management to utilize in making staffing decisions
• Work closely with the accounts receivable department ensuring accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.
• Establish, document and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes
- Respond to Executive Director and Board of Directors, as requested, with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
• Communicate with co-workers, management, other affiliated companies, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or equivalent professional training; 3-6 years’ Accounting experience with increasing responsibilities for directing and planning those activities
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, QuickBooks Online and Desktop
• Understand GAAP and have general accounting knowledge
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Prior supervisory experience with proven leadership skills
• High degree of professionalism and ability to work with confidential information
• Ability to analyze information and correct issues at the root cause
• Ability to work independently, recognize priorities and meet deadlines
The Greater Charlotte Apartment is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Physical requirements for this position include some lifting 10lb-25lb, pulling and pushing for event/programs set up. Access to a vehicle and a valid Drivers License are required as well as flexibility to work some evening events.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.