GCAA is Hiring a Member Services & Business Development Manager
Job Title:Member Services & Business Development Manager
Reports To: Director of Finance & Administration
The Member Services & Business Development Manager is an essential role to the operations and member interaction within the GCAA. This person is a key component in the recruitment and retention of GCAA members. This role is responsible for maintenance of the member database and associated functions, as well as assisting in the coordination of networking events that support a robust membership experience. This role is critical to ensuring a high level of member satisfaction.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
· Identify new relationships to increase the number of GCAA members across the various membership types.
· Establish quarterly new member sign up goals with a focus on renewals, recaptures, and independent rental owners (iRO).
· Plan and execute quarterly new member orientations with input from the Membership Committee.
· Provide services/information in response to member requests including monitoring the Member Services email account, assisting members with event registrations and checking the Member Services voicemail regularly throughout the day.
· Maintain member database in Novi including reviewing and approving new member signups and updating member information, as needed.
· Update and correct member information including ongoing outreach to increase accuracy of ownership and property management data.
· Generate a quarterly Supplier Member Directory for distribution via the GCAA website.
· Coordinate the creation of membership marketing collateral, such as fliers, videos, and other social media marketing to reinforce the value of membership with the GCAA.
· Prepare GCAA membership reports for distribution to the National Apartment Association, Apartment Association of NC, and the South Carolina Apartment Association.
· Serve as staff liaison to the GCAA’s Membership Committee and Outreach Committee and other Committees, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
· Trade Association and Multifamily Industry experience preferred.
· Strong writing, verbal, and presentation skills required.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills required. Excellent attention to detail.
· Deep commitment to client service and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work successfully in a fast-paced environment required. Strong relationship management skills in working with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated initiative, positive attitude and the ability to work both independently and within a team required.
· Energetic, eager to work collaboratively, interest and ability to serve a highly diverse constituency and work in partnership with other nonprofits and the business community.
· Technology and social media savvy required. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
· Highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently with great levels of responsibility and leadership skills.
· Moderate to heavy lifting may be required from time to time.
The Greater Charlotte Apartment Association is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Physical requirements for this position include some lifting 10lb-25lb, pulling and pushing for event/programs set up. Access to a vehicle and a valid Driver’s License are required as well as flexibility to work some evening events.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Lonnie@greatercaa.org.