South Carolina - CARES ACT Approval
On June 25, 2020, Governor McMaster signed H. 5202, a joint resolution that authorizes the expenditure of federal CARES Act funds. Funding closely mirrors AccelerateSC and the Governor's recommendations and includes the following:
- Employment & Workforce Unemployment Trust Fund, $500M
- Academic Recovery Camps, 5 Days Additional Instructional Days & Food Services, $222.7M
- State & Local Government Expenditures, $270M
- Statewide Testing & Monitoring, $42,437,873.
- PPE Stockpile & Supply Chain, $16,804,115.
- Hospital Relief Fund, $125M
- Broadband, $50M
- Grant Management Oversight, $10M