Governor Cooper Announces that North Carolina Will Move to Phase 3
Governor Cooper announced that North Carolina will ease some restrictions as the state moves into Phase 3 on Friday, October 2, 2020, at 5 p.m. Executive Order 169 will be in effect through October 23, 2020.
Some of the new guidelines under Phase 3:
- large outdoor venues seating more than 10,000 people may operate with 7% occupancy for spectators or fans.
- Smaller outdoor entertainment venues and some venues with smaller seating capacity indoors may open at 30% capacity with or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Safety protocols, including wearing masks and social distancing, are required.
- Bars may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100 people, whichever is less.
- Nightclubs and indoor entertainment venues may open but are subject to mass gathering limits.
- Mass gathering remain limited to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors.
- Executive Order 169 extends the 11 p.m. alcohol sales curfew for in-person consumption.
- Wearing masks and social distancing are still required.
For more information, read more here.