On this past Tuesday evening, Governor Cooper announced a Modified Stay at Home Order that will go into effect from May 8 – 22 unless indicator trends increase. Highlights of the modified Stay at Home order include:
- Removal of the designations of “essential” and “non-essential” businesses.
- Allowing retail stores that were previously designated as "non-essential"--including clothing, sporting goods and houseware stores to reopen at 50% capacity.
- Parks, trails will open.
- Telework is encouraged
- Childcare centers will be allowed to re-enroll children whose parents can now go back to work.
- 6 feet apart and utilize face coverings.
- Gatherings are still limited to 10 people indoors and people are encouraged to telework, if possible.
The following remain prohibited:
- The gathering of more than 10 people indoors
- Personal care establishments such as salons, barbers, and nail shops
- Dining-in restaurants
Click here to read more!