You really can't afford to miss this seminar! Attorney Patrick Johnson will cover the most important legal issues associated with operating multifamily rental property in North Carolina, including a complete review of the topics below PLUS discussion of the most recent changes to laws affecting NC landlords.
- Evictions & Lawsuits – Issues, defenses, and ways to win
- NC Debt collection laws
- Landlord legal myths – including newly explored myths
- Referral fees and other regulatory issues, including Real Estate licensure laws
- Industry trends in charging fees to residents, particularly utility fees
- Early termination fees, minimum notice fees, and concession chargebacks
- Discussing the cutting edge of the National Fair Housing Trends
- Registration/cancellation deadline is noon on September 20.
This is a live training. Masks are required and temperature checks will be administered. Social distancing and class size limits apply.
Virtual Registration Options are available!
When: September 22 9am-3:00pm Registration begins at 8:30am
$159 GCAA Members; $206 Non-members 5 CECs
Where: GCAA's Loebsack & Brownlee Education Center
Instructor: Patrick Johnson
Lunch provided by our Executive Sponsor CORT
Breakfast Sponsorship Available! See Registration Options for details.
For More Information:
About the Speaker:
Patrick is a partner with the law firm of Brownlee Whitlow & Praet, PLLC, a law firm that provides a full range of legal services to the multifamily industry throughout North and South Carolina. Patrick is licensed to practice law in North Carolina and Georgia and maintains a practice focused on the representation of residential property owners and management companies, as well as on real estate litigation, business litigation, commercial collections, contract review and drafting, and fair housing defense. Patrick is a graduate of the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill and Mississippi College School of Law and is a faculty member of the National Apartment Association Education Institute.